Defective And Dangerous Products
Injured Because Of A Defective Or Dangerous Product?
We all trust and rely on products and machinery every day of our lives. The law recognizes that product manufacturers are in the best position to protect consumers and test their products. The law also recognizes that manufacturers have a responsibility to exercise concern and care about the safety of their products before they are sent out for a consumer or a worker’s use. When a product is dangerous or defective and this causes injury to a user, the law calls this field “products liability”.
In the “products liability” area of our practice, we have had the privilege of helping many workers and consumers who were victims of products that were dangerously designed, defectively manufactured, or missing critical safety features, including:
- Motor vehicles
- Child seat belts
- Heavy equipment
- Front-end loaders
- Seatback and car trunk collapses
- Metal or fabric machine presses (causing amputations or crush injuries)
- Dangerous motorcycle designs including exploding gas tanks, improperly-installed exhaust symptoms (causing severe burns) and leg protection problems
- Boat cables
- Dangerous playground and exercise or weight-lifting equipment
- Equipment control malfunctions
- Electrical switch defects and malfunctions
- Defective or bad tires
- Dangerous wheels or rims (e.g. tire-rim mismatches)
- Throttle linkage malfunctions (e.g. “stuck throttle”)
We have successfully represented clients in injury and wrongful death cases against some of the largest and most well-known manufacturers and service providers in America, including:
- Union Pacific Railroad
- General Electric
- Kaiser Permanente
- McGraw-Hill Broadcasting Co.
An Experienced Colorado Defective Products Attorney
If you have been injured due to the defective design of a product, do not delay. It is critical to hire an attorney immediately who can collect and preserve the evidence. If the evidence of a product defect is lost, this can make an otherwise valid case worthless and difficult. Contact our firm today to discuss the actions that you should quickly take after being injured by a product. We offer free consultations, so there is no reason to delay calling us.